Upcoming stuff

This forum is now open to the public. All registered members can respond to posts made by the officers regarding upcoming club events.

Upcoming stuff

Postby critter » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:07 pm

We had a meeting today. For those who were not there here are some events the club is going to do.

May 9th - Corvette Club is hosting an autocross at War Memorial. Anyone who can is invited. I'm out due to my work commitments. It's on a Friday so I'm not sure if anyone will be there but if you think you will, post up and let folks know. If no one makes it to this one we are also considering a November date. Brian wants to avoid the summer months due to the heat and I have to agree.

May 2nd - Toad Suck car show, Conway. Meet at the Hobby Lobby off exit 127. We will leave that parking lot no later than 8:00 a.m.

May 23rd - Arkansas Street Machines car show. These guys turned out 20 cars for our show. We need a good turnout to return the favor. We will gather at the parking lot across the street from McDonalds in the center of Cabot. This is at the second exit, exit 19, in downtown at 9:00 a.m. and leave shortly after that.

On a personal note, I'd like to see if we can get a few folks to run up to Centerville for test and tune night on June 13. I'd like to runt the car with the TH400 before the switch to the 4L80e for a before and after comparison. Let me know if you're interested in that.
critter
Chief

Re: Upcoming stuff

Postby ArkGL01 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:46 pm

Would love to do toad suck with the trans am and the general. Mabey the van if I can find a driver? Mark

www.marksbanditcar.com
ArkGL01
Brave

Postby 69Goat1 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:33 pm

critter wrote:We had a meeting today. For those who were not there here are some events the club is going to do.

May 9th - Corvette Club is hosting an autocross at War Memorial. Anyone who can is invited. I'm out due to my work commitments. It's on a Friday so I'm not sure if anyone will be there but if you think you will, post up and let folks know. If no one makes it to this one we are also considering a November date. Brian wants to avoid the summer months due to the heat and I have to agree.

May 2nd - Toad Suck car show, Conway. Meet at the Hobby Lobby off exit 127. We will leave that parking lot no later than 8:00 a.m.

May 23rd - Arkansas Street Machines car show. These guys turned out 20 cars for our show. We need a good turnout to return the favor. We will gather at the parking lot across the street from McDonalds in the center of Cabot. This is at the second exit, exit 19, in downtown at 9:00 a.m. and leave shortly after that.

On a personal note, I'd like to see if we can get a few folks to run up to Centerville for test and tune night on June 13. I'd like to runt the car with the TH400 before the switch to the 4L80e for a before and after comparison. Let me know if you're interested in that.

Ummm May 9th is a Saturday... same day of the Pontiac Spring Nationals in Tulsa...

I am up for the C-ville deal :sneaky2:
"Kick the tires and light the fires" :)

69Goat1
Chief

Postby 77TA » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:32 pm

May is all work pretty much, and I have other obligations In June that weekend. I hope to make a cruise in one weekend this summer or something. :2cents:
77TA
Chief

Postby critter » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:40 pm

OK, the 13th at Centerville is me and Johnny. Anyone else? We'll leave this as a tentative unless other folks express some interest.

Mark, you're on your own with drivers. Anybody with that many cars really has problems, doesn't he? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Johnny, I really had intended to make that Spring National event this year. My annual trek to NFME got blown away by job insecurity. I figured I could swing that event since it was close to home. Then my boss made sure that plan got shot to heck by sending me up to Missouri that week. Maybe next year. Sigh.
critter
Chief

Postby raybs » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:54 pm

I'll probably make Centerville.

I can't make the Corvette thing due to work.

Of course I'll be there for Toad Suck and AR Street Machines shows.

And I'd love to make the Pontiac event in Tulsa, but I doubt I can do it...and if I did, I might not drive the GTO...spectator only. I feel bad about it, but we're going to the POCI/GTOAA event in Dayton this year, which is $$ and I just can't do Tulsa this year too.
65 GTO, 2000 GP GTX, 2009 G8 GXP, and C-130 Pilot!
raybs
Chief

Postby RamAirDave » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Have our eye on putting the 73Z in "race trim" for the Friday AutoX. The entry form pdf on their site isnt real clear, looks like you have to reg for the weekend at $65 +20 for AX.

Might be seperate, guess we'll call 'em to find out.
69 GTO RAIII 4spd, 70 Z28 RS

"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be" MCG

Driving #s/paper cars in the rain... and lovin' it punkr
RamAirDave
Chief

• Website

Postby caramaro » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:36 pm

hey chris what exactly is "runt the car"?lol...i'm trying/hoping to get off work that friday for the autocross for the vette club...seeing as how i have been with them since january i may not get it....who knows....the toadsuck thing is a maybe...the cabot show is ideal since i'm already up here.you may as well call that club "Sword car club"LOL!!! The few i've been around they seem like good folk.I'm really excited about the upcoming show in the old wal mart parking lot in jacksonville.it's actually base peeps and the mayor of cabot have their hands in it.i need to get my 69's on the road.
RIP 2002 COLLECTORS EDITION TRANS AM,may your screaming chickens fly far above...
caramaro
Warrior

Postby critter » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:58 pm

"runt the car"

Freudian slip. I must have been thinking about Tammy's Solstice. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
critter
Chief

Postby loopingz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:25 pm

I will see where I can go...
loopingz
Young Brave

Postby critter » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:13 pm

Are we brining our rain coats and umbrellas for Saturday at Toad Suck? Looks like about a 40% chance of rain right now. Uhg!
critter
Chief

Postby critter » Fri May 01, 2009 8:32 pm

If you said you'd be there call Brian Ray after 6 a.m. if you're dropping out due to weather.

I'll have to clean mine when I get there. I just finished getting the yard mowed. It's not getting done tonight.
critter
Chief

Postby critter » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:48 pm

Well, my wings are clipped again. I was planning on Centerville on the 13th but home projects have been delayed due to wet weather. Now I'm behind and I have to have a patio finished by the 20th for a party here at the house. Sorry. I know, I suck.
critter
Chief

Postby 77TA » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:12 pm

Oh well.... that is life... "brickwall"
Car play time will come... Hey at least it aint broke !!!
boo-yah
I just aint had much time to anything other then family stuff the last few years, but is is all good, I'll get back to playing cars one day. I'm going to enjoy these years as they only come once in a life time. boo-yah
Last edited by 77TA on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
77TA
Chief

Postby 69Goat1 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:19 pm

critter wrote:Well, my wings are clipped again. I was planning on Centerville on the 13th but home projects have been delayed due to wet weather. Now I'm behind and I have to have a patio finished by the 20th for a party here at the house. Sorry. I know, I suck.

Gotta do what you gotta do crackwhip

I was gonna bring my black 69 but it will probably work out better anyway as I need to go to my 1 remaining grandparent's 90th birthday party this weekend. We can do it later...
"Kick the tires and light the fires" :)

69Goat1
Chief

Postby caramaro » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:43 pm

PARTY?DID SOMEONE SAY PARTY????LOL :dance::dance::dance:
RIP 2002 COLLECTORS EDITION TRANS AM,may your screaming chickens fly far above...
caramaro
Warrior

Return to Club Announcements