CITR This Friday, APA Meeting Sunday

This forum is now open to the public. All registered members can respond to posts made by the officers regarding upcoming club events.

CITR This Friday, APA Meeting Sunday

Postby raybs » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:55 pm

This month's Cruisin' in the Rock is this Friday (Aug 14th) at the Little Rock River Market starting around 4PM and running 'til around 8:30PM.

Also, this Sunday is the monthly APA meeting at Sheppard of Peace Lutheran Church in Maumelle at 2PM. This is the last meeting before the Fall Street Machine Nationals and the cooresponding Cruisapalooza, Fri night, Sep 11th, so please be there if you can.

On a side note, the ARSCCA is hosting a two day autocross - both Sat and Sun this weekend at the War Memorial Stadium parking lot. It might be worth a kitchen pass for Sat...
65 GTO, 2000 GP GTX, 2009 G8 GXP, and C-130 Pilot!
raybs
Chief

Re: CITR This Friday, APA Meeting Sunday

Postby critter » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:50 am

I wish I could be there for all of it. I'm stuck in Fayetteville on business right now. As of right now, it appears I'll be here through the weekend.

Folks, get to the meeting. We need to have some help on Fall Street Machine Nationals!
critter
Chief

Postby critter » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:53 pm

So? Nobody is going to tell me? Tammy says we may have broken the record of 193 registered. Anyone? Beuller?
critter
Chief

Postby caramaro » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:07 pm

i couldn't attend.first one i've missed in 3 years.it's my mom's birthday and had to do that thing.... :crybaby:
RIP 2002 COLLECTORS EDITION TRANS AM,may your screaming chickens fly far above...
caramaro
Warrior

Postby raybs » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:00 pm

191 registered - but I have about 230 different vehicles on the camera. The park was absolutely full and they kept coming. The quality was very good as well - I had Tony Riddick pick, and he chose a good one - a green 71 Challenger from Cave City. I made a disc with all the pics and a small write-up that I'll give Tammy on Sunday. I didn't know 193 was the number...oh well...of course if Mark O and Cara had come... crackwhip

That's okay - Family counts for way more than this.
Last edited by raybs on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raybs
Chief

Postby RamAirDave » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:03 pm

The # I heard from someone was 188, but Tammy would know for sure.

We were hoping to make it the 2nd CITR in a row to debut a car, but came up a couple hours short. "brickwall"We attended, but turned out we didn't stray to far from the boxes with ice so didn't get to check out everything. :oops:

Looked to be a really good turnout, though the continuing construction they have going on the west side of the ampitheater is seems to be taking up more space every time. Any idea on how that is gonna affect the BCF?
69 GTO RAIII 4spd, 70 Z28 RS

"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be" MCG

Driving #s/paper cars in the rain... and lovin' it punkr
RamAirDave
Chief

• Website

Postby raybs » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:11 pm

RamAirDave wrote:
Looked to be a really good turnout, though the continuing construction they have going on the west side of the ampitheater is seems to be taking up more space every time. Any idea on how that is gonna affect the BCF?

We will put the majority of the cars down towards the Peabody. I don't think there will be quite as many big vendors this year, but Carol has the whole picture. At any rate, the construction doesn't help. I figure we'll lose about 50-60 spots. There were at least that many left last year in the parking lots next to the Peabody, but the gas prices were worse than they are now...so it could be a problem. I just wish we could get the pavilions - but the Farmers' Market is going on Saturdays.
raybs
Chief

Return to Club Announcements