Help wanted!

This forum is now open to the public. All registered members can respond to posts made by the officers regarding upcoming club events.

Help wanted!

Postby critter » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:43 pm

Friday night is Cruisapalooza night at the River Market. There will be a parade from the Fairgrounds to the River Market and APA is responsible for parking what we guess will be 300+ cars as quickly as possible. So far, the number of members volunteering to help us get 'em in and parked is fairly low. Gang, we don't ask for a lot of help very often but this is one of the times. We could use a few more bodies so speak up if you can be at the River Market on Friday around 4:30 or so. Heck, even if you can't make it until 5 or after, we can still get you in place quick enough to help. Did I say PLEASE?

Thanks!
critter
Chief

Re: Help wanted!

Postby raybs » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:20 pm

I'll say please as well. I count 16 so far, but we could use more to make parking a :choccake:

Names so far: Chris, Tammy, Brian, Mary Ann, Ed, Beth, Wayne, Betty, Geoffrey, Andy A, Van, Scott, Robin, Cara, Norm, & Marty. ADDED: Tony, Kamong, Shane, Elizabeth.

PM if you can do it.

Thanks,
Brian
Last edited by raybs on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
65 GTO, 2000 GP GTX, 2009 G8 GXP, and C-130 Pilot!
raybs
Chief

Postby 77TA » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:27 pm

I don't know if I could make it in time, and it would be a long day of driving in one evening there and back.
If I were closer id sure be there... "brickwall"
77TA
Chief

Postby raybs » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:35 pm

77TA wrote:I don't know if I could make it in time, and it would be a long day of driving in one evening there and back.
If I were closer id sure be there... "brickwall"

No problem - I wouldn't do it if I lived that far away!
65 GTO, 2000 GP GTX, 2009 G8 GXP, and C-130 Pilot!
raybs
Chief

Postby critter » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:30 pm

A very special thank you to all those who came down and helped us tonight. As it turned out, we had more help than needed but you never know what the car count is going to be so better too many than not enough. Thank you all again.
critter
Chief

Postby caramaro » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:56 pm

you are welcome!any reason to get out a YELLOW car is awesome!
RIP 2002 COLLECTORS EDITION TRANS AM,may your screaming chickens fly far above...
caramaro
Warrior

Postby critter » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:00 pm

I hate to admit it but my choice for the club choice award was painted YELLOW!!!

To bad he left before we could give it to him.
critter
Chief

Postby RamAirDave » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:13 am

I'm sure he'll never see this, but a shout out to Jared from MO (who we had first met friday afternoon) with the metallic red/orange early 2nd gen BB Camaro. We were away when the rain started coming down, but he rolled up the windows on Chris' 73Z.

We figured folks would be looking out for others as usual, but with the new interior being in that car for less than 24 hours, it was especially a big help punkr

Local red 69 Camaro had a dead battery when he was ready to leave. Again, Jared to the rescue with the cables and the jump.

But it died as soon as we pulled the cables. First thought I had was bad alt connections. One-wire alt, and it was loose. Not crazy loose, but at least a turn of the nut, enough to be a possible issue. Went to the trunk of the 73 to grab the tools I put in there this morning (for some reason thought it would be a good idea, but usually only do it on the road 8)). Of course didn't include a 7/16 wrench "brickwall"that was needed, but had some pliers that did the trick to tighten it up.

Kept the cables on for a few minutes to charge the batt at least some, kept running after we pulled 'em. Told him to keep the rpms up, and he was able to drive off. Hope he made it. :pray:

That's what it's about. We were grateful for something as small as rolling up our windows when it started to rain, and there were several of us (as most any of us would) jumping at the chance to help the other guy out without question :clap:

We've all been on both sides of breakdowns, and hell... some even enjoy the parking lot/trackside diagnostics. :Peace:
69 GTO RAIII 4spd, 70 Z28 RS

"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be" MCG

Driving #s/paper cars in the rain... and lovin' it punkr
RamAirDave
Chief

• Website

Postby caramaro » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:19 pm

that's great!! we all need someone to help!even us camaro peeps
RIP 2002 COLLECTORS EDITION TRANS AM,may your screaming chickens fly far above...
caramaro
Warrior

Postby RamAirDave » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:24 pm

The guy with the red 69 made it home as well as back to the event on Saturday. Put a fresh battery in it just to be sure. :hurray:

Saturday AM wasn't without yet another one of our "adventures." Moving along I-30 at a pretty good clip, and Chris mentions "I think I need new shocks." (that's now classic) I commented that something feels/sounds a bit off. Listened for a few more seconds...

"You have a flat left rear tire."

Sure enough, something clipped the valve stem. Out comes the spare that hasn't been touched in 5 years (half flat) and the bumper jack (which neither of us had ever used in our lives). Lug wrench, of course, was 13/16" for whatever reason "brickwall"Okay, bring out the little 3/8" ratchet. With traffic whizzing by a few feet away, Chris is out there kicking on that ratchet like he's trying to start a motorcycle.

Certainly not our first go-round. Didn't think to take a pic, but this one from a few years ago looks like we had all the room in the world.

No big deal, the good folks at Auto Sports Center let us bring it in at around 6pm Saturday, spend a couple of minutes with their tire machine, pop in a new valve stem and we were back in business punkr

Gotta keep things interesting, right? :lol:We'll have to see what Sunday brings (critter, keep your phone on) :mrgreen:

RamAirDave
Chief

• Website

Postby AllenK » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:16 am

I was the last one out Friday night I believe. I'm pretty sure we were among the last ones last year too!

Friday night was great. Y'all did a great job.
'95 Formula
'64 C10
'66 Chevy II (wrecked) :(
AllenK
Papoose

Postby critter » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:33 am

Dave, you guys have some luck, don't you? LOL. It keeps life interesting.

AlienK, thanks. We don't hear that often and sure appreciate it when someone says thank you.
critter
Chief

Postby AllenK » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:59 pm

critter wrote:Dave, you guys have some luck, don't you? LOL. It keeps life interesting.

AlienK, thanks. We don't hear that often and sure appreciate it when someone says thank you.

You're welcome! I've seen y'all in action many times,and I'm always impressed.

Once again my wife and I and my Dad had a great time Friday.
'95 Formula
'64 C10
'66 Chevy II (wrecked) :(
AllenK
Papoose

Postby RamAirDave » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:23 pm

critter wrote:Dave, you guys have some luck, don't you? LOL. It keeps life interesting.

Haha... you know how we roll. We could write a book, one example chapter being about why we needed to buy shoelaces at a gas station in the middle of the night :oops:

RamAirDave
Chief

• Website

Return to Club Announcements